Articles of Amendment
Canada Articles of Amendment Online Filing service. Articles of arrangement are used where a business corporation has applied to a court for the approval of an arrangement in the absence of adequate legal provisions or if existing provisions are impracticable or too onerous in the circumstances.
A corporation may, among other things, obtain an arrangement concerning:
- the amendment of its articles to add, change or remove any provision that the Business Corporation Act permits to be set out in the articles;
- its amalgamation with another corporation or another legal person to form a corporation;
- the division of its activities;
- the transfer of its property where, further to the disposition, the corporation is unable to retain a significant part of its activities;
- the exchange of securities, participation or debt obligations of the corporation for money, securities, participation, debt obligations or other property of
- the corporation or of another legal person;
- its dissolution or liquidation;
- the modification of its activities or affairs if such modification were to affect the rights of the holder of an option or a right to acquire its securities or participation;
- the limitation on the right of its creditors or a group of creditors to demand full and prompt performance of its obligations;
- the expulsion of one of its shareholders.
Ecompanies Canada offers fast & easy Canada corporate filings and updates services anywhere in Canada. At e-Companies.ca we help you keep your Canadian corporation up-to-date and in compliance with federal and provincial business corporations act.
For more information about our Articles of Amendment online filing service, please contact us using the form below: